Saturday, June 11, 2011

Date Night!

Oh yeah.  Tonight I get an actual, bonafide date night.  With three kids they are few and far between.  At least every year I know we'll get one night away because it's a company party for my husband.  It's always at a swanky hotel which means I have to look the part.  Sometimes I think it's fun to play dress up for this event, swanky is a far cry from my usual wardrobe. Other times I dread it because it means spending a lot of dough for one outfit (not something I'm accustomed to doing).  This year I am just looking forward to the time with my man, dancing, free drinks, free food, free hotel room, and free babysitting (Three cheers for family!). 

This is what I am planning on wearing....
My dress is pretty close to this but has a black belt like fabric across the waist and no ruffle at the collar
I've never worn red to a function like this.  The majority of women who attend wear black for whatever reason.  The fit of this particular dress was just to great to pass up, so red it is. I found the designer dress, usually $269, for $50.  At the register I was surprised when they gave me an additional $6 off....oh yeah, it's my birthday month discount (I LOVE discounts!) YAY.

Here are the shoes I found....
Except mine are patent leather

Until now I have never owned a pair of high heels...I usually borrow from my sister.  But seeing as how I AM almost 30 I figured I really should buy my own pair (or at least this is the excuse I gave my husband)  I've been wearing them around the house all week to practice.  My kids are getting a kick out of the image of me in sweat pants and 6 inch pumps.  Hubs just tells them, "it's a girl thing."

I found these for $49 after being 50% off.  Woo hoo! I've been waiting for these shoes forever.  The only down side is that without shoes I am 5'9", so these beauties invariably turn me into a skyscraper. Oh well, I think it's worth it.



I bought these bracelets to accessorize...





They are originally $24. I found them for $14 and had a coupon for $10 cash credit so I only paid $4. (I told you, I am all about the bargains.)

 I'm thinking makeup like this...

Let's see if I can pull it off on my own eyes.


And hair like this...


It's a lot like the way my sisters styled my hair for our wedding. 


If only I looked like this...


Hahahaha. Just wanted to sneak a pretty picture of Christina Hendricks in there.  I think she is stunning and has lots of curves.  I'd like to be stunning tonight!

My hubbie says I am over thinking it.  Doesn't he know that I don't get out much?  I have to be prepared for these things.... Maybe this is why we never go out to swanky places.  :)

This reminds me of a layout I did...

The quote, "happy girls are the prettiest," is from one Audrey Hepburn. Maybe you've heard of her? Heehee.  Well I hope to feel very, very happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment