Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reasons to Smile

I have one word for the Amy Tangerine class that I took on Friday night. AWESOME. It was so cool to meet her in person. She is sweet and funny and seemed to love teaching us as much as we loved learning from her. The kit was epic. Amy also provided some really fun stamps from Lawn Fawn and Studio Calico, some vibrant paints, and new Tim Holtz distress stains. FUN! And the Scrapbook Oasis had tons of her new American Crafts line in stock....well, maybe they will need to re-stock after we were all done shopping that night! :)

Here is a look at what I did with the mini book...
It was fun to choose the colors I wanted and put everything together. We also learned how to sew on the tag.

Here are some inside pages...
The inside pages in this mini book are a great mix of designs and plain paper in different shapes and sizes. 

Pretty cool, huh. I can see filling this up rather easily.
 
Above is the envelope that's in the middle of the book to hold all of your random goodies.

Here is the back inside cover. I used a couple of her "potty people," as she calls them, stamps.

I also can't wait to decorate the film canister that came in the kit. I have so many ideas about how to make it special for me. I like her idea of using it to hold washi tapes. All in all I am so glad I was able to take this class. Amy told us a bit about the story of her line and how the mini book came to be....as I fill it up I can't help but love the fact that she fought to make it happen. It is a dream to have such a perfectly blank (well, not technically blank, but you know what I mean) slate to work in. I could see them being used for travel journals, family record books, everyday life, or....for your reasons to smile. :)

I think that about covers it...Oh! How could I forget? Her Mom is SUPER sweet as well....and made these D-LISH cream cheese rolls. mmmmmmmm....now I know you are really jealous. And just to push you over the edge here is Amy and I...

YAY! (I think I am easily twice her size)

No comments:

Post a Comment