Saturday, September 10, 2011

The End of Summer

Tuesday was officially the last day of summer for our family. As of Wednesday we were back to the daily grind of waking up early...Taking two kiddos to different schools...picking them up...Running one to soccer...and the other for more supplies...Signing a million pieces of paper...and forking out more dough than I would really care to mention.

I have to say that I am already missing summer. The weather will remain sunny and hot here in Southern California for quite awhile. But our schedules just won't allow for the type of wild abandon we've enjoyed during the past couple of months.

So goodbye slurping slurpees...
 Goodbye adorable glasses...
Goodbye sandy toes...
 And sand in strange places...
Goodbye running in the hottest weather (I will NOT miss you!)...
Goodbye eating our popsicles to the last drippity drop...
Goodbye to shorts and tanks...
Goodbye long days lounging at the beach and eating on boogie boards..
 Goodbye endless supplies of watermelon (we will miss you the most)....
 Goodbye sandy bottoms and the cutest bathing suits on the planet...

Even though we didn't do everything on my to do list we still managed to pack in a lot of fun. Too bad it went by so quick!  Though I do love new school supplies. And I love the fact that I have my one on one time back with the babers. I will miss summer days. They are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment