Friday, September 30, 2011

Look at this stuff, Isn't it neat?

The kids didn't have school yesterday so I decided it would be a great time to revisit the new Ariel ride. This time I remembered to bring my camera so I could share the experience. Isn't this poster cool? It graces the many walls that lead you down a path towards the ride while the park is being worked on...

Here is the entrance...

 Some really cool details as you wait (we only waited 5 min. so I had to snap fast!)... 

 Once inside the building you see the long line of vibrant shells to ride in and this on the wall...

****** Spoiler Alert******
 I will now take you through the entire ride....
Here is Scuttle talking in the entrance...

"Under the Sea." You feel like you are literally in the movie and can see memorable parts from that scene are represented....see the blowfish bowing?

Ursula sings "Poor Unfortunate Souls"...and her voice is booming and she is larger than life and generally terrifying. Her tentacles move and even her double chin jiggles. (Leave it to Disney to have a section of the ride that may scar a young child for life) It. Is. Awesome.

Then "Kiss the Girl"...almost.


And now that they have kissed they had better get married and live happily ever after... 
 Oops. Looks like I caught a photo of Eric blinking...yes, these characters are so life like and epic that they BliNk! It is an awesome ride. I love it so much. And Ev survived unscathed by the scary scenes.

As we walked around we saw signs for the new...

I can NOT wait for Cars Land. If the Little Mermaid ride is any indication of what is to come it will be fan-Disney-tastic. (Wow, I am even nerdier than I thought.)

When we headed into Disneyland we ran into this guy...

 Of course since he was in his costume we had to stop and say hello...
and give hugs...

That interaction may have inspired a certain idea for a certain costume this Halloween...
Guess I better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment