Saturday, October 22, 2011

Date Night

This week I was fortunate enough to have a special date night with my little man, Nakiah. Just the two of us decided to head to Disneyland to enjoy all of the big kid rides we could possibly fit in. We don't often get the opportunity to have time one on one so we seized the day. He held my hand in between rides. We studied for his upcoming tests while waiting in line...and I admit also played some on his i-touch (I kicked his butt, as usual.) It was such a fun time. I hope I can figure out a way to do this with him once a month or so. At nine he is getting to that age where he needs to feel special and important (especially as a middle child). Time alone is a great way to show him how much he means to me.

And he is really fun to be around. Recently Nakiah decided that my hat and sunglasses are the coolest thing ever...

 We watched a lot of America's Top Model when he was really little. I attribute all of his modeling skills to that show....and his runway walk, which is hilarious by the way...
Dare I say that because I own them it makes me cool by default? Hope so.

Here is a layout I did about how great I think this kid is. "He is Awesome"...

There are so many more reasons why he is awesome, countless really. I could make a whole album and still not cover them all. Lots of Fancy Pants Designs on this one and a picture from last year. I can't believe how much he has grown since then. I better squeeze in all of the date nights I can before he is too cool to date his Mom.

Oh, one more thing...we had this funny conversation that night. We were talking about his age and I said, "you're almost double digits kid!" He said, "Yeah, I'm excited for 10 Mom. But I'm gonna enjoy my single digits for as long as possible."

Me too kid, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment