Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All I Want For Christmas

Hottie and I decided that this is a year we will not be giving gifts to each other. It is a big year for our kids and we now have 10 nieces and nephew to buy for as well. So we are out of luck. :) But that's not stopping me from passing on a little advice to my lovely blog readers. It's something that has worked really well for me in the past....

There is this moment when you are asked what your little heart desires for Christmas. Isn't it kinda awkward to try to explain what you really want? It makes me uncomfortable for some reason. In the past I failed to ask for what I really hoped for. Here is my solution....

1. Utilize online shopping...use your favorite website to create a "wish list" and tell him that you would love anything off of that. This way he can pick one or two things. (Or maybe even the WHOLE thing. Ha! Wouldn't that be nice?) Here are a couple of looks at mine...
See? It can act as a sort of registry. Plus I find that it is much easier for my husband to shop online for these things then going into a store.

2. Make technology your friend...If I desire specific stocking stuffers (think mascara and other make up that I can actually use instead of candy or something else) I will make the effort to take photos of items out of one store. Then I text them to my "Santa." All he has to do is take his phone in and go down the aisle looking for the items. Done and done.

3. If there is something you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want (but just can't bring yourself to ask for it because this is a year that you said you would not get each other gifts for very reasonable reasons), write a blog about.  Just to see what happens  ;) Like, maybe you read Amy Tangerine's post about the pivi printer and have heard about it before and now you are wanting one so bad you could scream (and you swear you would use it for a million things...but not too often cuz the film is a bit pricey...). (Maybe he'll remember the idea for Valentine's day?) :)


So that's it. Those are my tips to successful gift getting this holiday season. Enjoy and good luck. I hope you all get what you "ask" for and not a big lump of coal like I probably will after this shameless blog post. hee hee. Happy Holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment