Friday, December 2, 2011

The One That Got Away

So I was out shopping last night (after all it IS December and I will now squeeze micro shopping trips in every chance I get). I found this gem...

Too bad I was not, I repeat, NOT shopping for myself. :( And this apothecary chest had a price tag of  $70. :( Now, I have two confessions to make. One: I am SUPER cheap. And by cheap I mean thrifty, or bargain driven, or whatever you want to call it. I rarely pay full price for anything. (Not that this was full price, it was "compared at" for $120...but still, seventy bucks is seventy bucks.) Two: I have a weakness for apothecary drawers and jars. 

I could envision this chest on the wall of my scrap space (I almost called it a scrap room...Hottie would laugh because really it's our bedroom but it probably feels like it's turning into the scrap room...hey, one day. ONE DAY!) Even though I carried it around the store and pulled the drawers in and out and dreamed of painting of spray painting possibilities swooning my heart out.....I walked away without it. Now it may forever live in my mind as the one that got away. Honestly, if it would have been $40 I would have bought it. But, alas, I am too cheap.

Let me show you around my current bed*ahem*scraproom...
 See? Wouldn't that chest look great on the wall? I'd just have to move the houses out of the neighborhood....relocate the spice rack....hmmm. Maybe it's better that I didn't get it. This would have taken a lot of work.

Here's a closer look....
I hang up new embellishments and such or products that I am super duper excited to use. I keep all of my pens, rulers, and scissors, etc. within reach. I think I like the jars so much for this reason too. Easy access and my supplies can be viewed easily.

I also keep close some current photos or the "must scrap" stack so I feel inspired to create...
 They have a perfect spot tucked away inside this drawer...

Underneath the desk is this drawer unit from Ikea...

 It houses most of my paper and tons of embellishments and tools...

Usually my drawers are a lot more organized so that I can find things easily. But I have been scrapping a ton lately and so after a layout is done and I record the products used I slide them onto the top. That way I can deal with it later as I find time. (Or never, since it's in a drawer and out of sight out of mind.):) You know, whatever works.

Even my letters drawer is a mess right now...

Next to that (I can't believe I am showing this because it's a cluttered eye sore)...

The 12x12 shelving is the perfect size for keeping my scrapbooks, albums, and paper upright. After I print out my photos I pull out the best of the best and then sort the others and put them in albums. If I end up needing to scrap a certain season or event I can find it in one of those without having to sift through piles of snapshots. 

Lastly (well, not really because as I am writing this I realized that my supplies have also begun to take over my closet as well. Oops.) this chest that is also from Ikea (desk. extension. drawers. IKEA!)...

 Trim and ribbon galore...

 Punches...

So that's it. Do you think the one that got away would have fit in with my lifestyle? I dunno. $70? So high maintenance. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll have to just appreciate the storage I do have and move on with my life. *sigh*  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment