Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our First Home

One of the things that I am so proud of, and love so much about moving here is that we were able to buy our first house. Of course there are so many learning curves and stresses in this process, and it is very intimidating. But here we are, two months under our belt and I couldn't feel more at home. 

I had to make a layout about it to preserve the first time we walked through the door as homeowners...

The anticipation of showing the kids where we would be living for the first time... and hoping that it would live up to everything I remembered from when we first saw it was unparalleled. I'll never forget that feeling as we walked around and saw it empty. Beautiful. Better than I remembered. A (huge) blank slate for us to fill with love and laughter and memories for years to come....

and to fill with "stuff." You know, decor, furniture, etc. I'm still working on that part. Decorating is slow going, sadly. I would love to have each room done to my taste, like, now. But, I think a goal of before the baby comes is a little more realistic. Three months. Then again, I may not even be able to pull that off at this pace. It's really important to me to do it right. I can't wait to show you once I make some progress! (Hopefully sooner than later.)

1 comment:

  1. On your layout it says 3000 sq ft... it is actually closer to 4000 sq ft. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete