Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Hottie and I didn't think we'd be able to pull off a vacation this year. With all of the changes we went through as a family it seemed out of reach. But at the last minute we decided why not just make it happen? The kids (and Hottie) deserved a little getaway before our new family member arrives and school starts. 

I chose Myrtle Beach because it seemed like a doable road trip distance (8-10 hours)(not ideal when 32 weeks pregnant, but doable.) I had also heard it was a fun place for families with a lot of things to do.... and we have really missed the beach this summer so it was a win win. 

Here are some of my favorite photos from the trip. (Sorry if it's boring... but these are just a handful of the hundreds I took... apparently when you are huge and forced to sit (uncomfortably) on the sidelines the one thing you can do is take photos.) :)

Family photo.... (shocking, because that never happens.)
trying not to look at this and only see my swollen feet and giant face, belly, body. (yikes!)

A crazy ride near the boardwalk Aidan and Hottie had to hop on.
(I was SO jealous! I love rides like these!)...

 More rides at a place called Magic Kingdom....
turns out Evareaux is quite the thrill seeker....

Hottie had asked at the desk if pregnant women get in free because they can't "do" anything... no go, nice try babe. Then I proceeded to jump up and down on video games... so turns out I can do stuff. :)

Wha????!!!!! Another family photo? :)

 She looks embarrassed to be seen with these goofballs....

Silly kids...

All tuckered out on the first night. She crashed by 630....

This would never be allowed in CA. I love that she could ride just about anything as long as she was on her Daddy's lap. She had so much fun! Even on the ones where he accidentally dunked her... (safety first.)

 Lots of beach time, even in the rain. The water in SC is so warm!! It was kinda weird, but nice...

 I am such a sucker for this kids beach hair. Love the curls.

 Never too old to build sandcastles...

 She rode this slide by herself about 40 times....

On this trip we got to go on a helicopter ride (SO STINKING AWESOME!) Here goes the boys, up up and away they go....

Here is a view from ours... check that off the bucket list.

 She liked it, I swear. When we got out she said, "I wanna go again, Dad!"


 Here is a view from our room. So glad we got ocean view. I already miss the beach. Maybe I am more of a California girl than I thought....

One last shot of Ev, who was exceptionally good on the road trip (all the kids were, thank goodness.) 

So, so, so, SO happy we made this trip. It was incredibly eventful for the kids. We did a fantastic job of keeping things to keep them all entertained (which is not easy with the age range). We made a lot of lasting family memories and bonded. I don't think it could have gone any better. Now I feel like we are ready to tackle the school year and getting the house ready for baby... so strange to think that the next time we take a trip (probably a LONG time from now) our car will be even more full.

No comments:

Post a Comment