Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

Around here....
We've got one perfect little two week old. I say little, but he is actually back to his birthweight (9lbs. 6 oz.) and 23inches already..... newborn clothes are very snug (good thing I only bought 3 outfits that size). The doc says he is doing great and that the funky smell coming from his cord (Y.U.C.K.) is totally normal..... seriously icky, ya'll. I might do a happy dance when it finally falls off!



This stage always makes me laugh. Hottie gets mad (ok, only slightly annoyed) when I say our baby looks like an alien and has acne.... I don't think babies are all that adorable at this stage.... faces only mothers could love is how I put it (harsh?) But I do still fawn over him as if he is the most gorgeous being ever created... stern facial expressions and all. (He may look mad here but really he is just intently staring at the ceiling fan.)



Around here...
Nakiah continues to request time to hold Dezmond each day. Sometimes he is lucky enough to witness one of his brothers epic farts.... man my kids are stinkers!


He was surprised to learn that he is above average in Math and Reading according to the national standards.... it's a relief because he had been struggling with a new school in a new state that does things totally different from what he is used to. He's found some neighborhood buddies (after some much needed prodding). I spent some time playing with him one on one outside the other day and it ended up with lots of giggling and tickling and it made my heart happy....



Around here...
I have a teenager that spends 90% of his day in his room. It's the reason you don't see many photos of him on this here blog.... but I have to understand that it's just what (almost) 16 year olds do... and we have created a space for him that is pretty comfy. With your computer, xbox, flatscreen, 2 guitars, and a bathroom complete with shower, why leave? He is doing amazing in school. AMAZING. This kid is so smart! And he is thinking a lot about things on the horizon like a drivers license, a part time job, and a career path.

Around Here....
This little girl had minor surgery on the top of her right ear... a suspicious mole was removed. It killed me not to be able to be there (I was home nursing the baby). It was my first big view into life with four & not being able to be there for everything you'd like to.... I felt nervous and scared for her. But she did incredibly well, and of course her Daddy was there for comfort. He said she was calm and brave and she's healing very well....


She's back down to having just 0-1 accident a day (thank goodness). This girl loves her brothers... she lights up for Aidan & wants to watch movies in his room (I guess no one wants to leave there!), she copies everything Nakiah does, and giggles at every single noise Dezmond makes.

Around Here.....
Hottie is enjoying his time off of work. (He will go back on Tuesday.)(AH!) Helping out a ton with Evareaux (she's really gonna be bummed when he starts work again). Has been encouraging me to scrapbook or get out of the house a bit. Is loving the fact that we have such an easy baby and coworkers that bring dinner to the house.... with desert.

Around here....
I've been staring at every single inch of Dezi's tiny little face, and kissing him a million times a day.  Prepping myself mentally for Hottie working (oh man am I gonna be tired!). Having brutal headaches and dizziness and hoping it's not from the epidural problems I had. Enjoying Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, and Modern Family. Coveting the hour nap I sneak away for each day. Taking, editing, and sending a ton of photos to the printer... and because I perpetually have a camera in his little alien face..... catching moments like this......


A sleep smile (I know he's just probably peeing), a glimpse into the future that makes me swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment