Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fleeting Feelings

Dezi is such an amazingly calm and easy baby. Often times I have to talk myself out of tackling the next load of laundry or random pile of leaves on the floor from Miss Toddler Pants (or no pants, in her case)... it's too easy to put him down and just get a bunch of "stuff" done. Stuff that doesn't really matter at the moment and will be undone anyway the moment I turn my back (where do all these leaves keep coming from?!)


I want to hold him more and soak in his baby smells and fuzzy head and unbelievably soft skin. I want to slide my finger into his tiny Hercules grip and admire the way his lashes look and the way he sorta pouts as he sleeps and breaths out in a little, "ooo-ooo-ooo," sound.


I want to appreciate and document all of the funny faces he makes (this kid is a joker, I can tell already).

 And never let a smile go unnoticed.


I feel like this is one of the advantages of having more than one child. By the time the fourth one comes along you realize why that old cliche is so popular. Where does the time go? Well, I don't have the answer but I do know that if I make the time to slow down a take it in I won't regret it. All that other stuff just gets done eventually.... besides that's what I have older kids for anyway, right? Chores anyone?...


I'm gonna need someone to rake inside at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment