Friday, December 7, 2012

December Daily Then and Now

While unpacking my Christmas decor I stumbled upon last years December daily. Until last year I had never even heard of this project... but I was totally eager to jump on board. Sadly, between a full time job and being a Mom, December flew by at the speed of light. So I failed to put one together. That didn't stop me from making one though. So what if it was done in January? So what if it wasn't a traditional version?

I kept picturing one made out of a classic Christmas book and so that's what I did....

I just threw in whatever photos and embellies I felt like at the time....

Not paying much attention to making it too fancy or putting things in order. Instead I focused on using up some of my supplies that had been sitting around, keeping in mind that I wanted it to stay nice and thin....

This December I figured I would do it again... of course this time I would have time to make one as things were actually happening... you know, because I'm just sitting around being a stay at home Mom now...... hahahahaahahahaha. It's laughable that I actually thought I could crowbar this project in!

Well, at least I got as far as pulling supplies together......
I even purchased a kit from October Afternoon.

Here's everything I'm planning on working with....

 
Since I failed to prep anything beforehand (which I'm now realizing is key to actually pulling this daily feat off) I will make something fabulous in January, I'm sure. :) Maybe that's just the way it needs to happen for me, job or not.... and maybe in February I'll show you how it turns out! hehe.

For now I guess I'll just focus on making memories worth including.... 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of doing a December Daily in How the Grinch Stole Christmas - that is so creative!

    ReplyDelete