Saturday, January 12, 2013

Growing

I'm trying to grow as a person. Not just physically (actually, if I think about it I'm trying to do the opposite of growing in trying to shrink, but you get what I mean) There are other areas where I am attempting to grow as well. One would be my skill set. I signed up to take the Maggie Holmes beginner photography class. It's not cheap, but I've wanted to take it for years and I felt like there was no time like the present. (especially since this is the last time she is doing it online)

I feel like there is a HUGE (uuuuuge!) learning curve when taking photos of your layouts. While I am lot closer than I was when I started this blog, I still have a looong way to go. Like for this layout...

I'm proud of it, and wanted to show it to you all... but I hesitated because the color is off and because the white patterned paper actually reads grey here it doesn't look as nice on the photograph as it does in person......

Hopefully taking the class and putting in some time to practice will pay off.  Learning to use my camera to it's full capacity was on my goal list for 2013. So glad I am attacking this list! Here is a photo Nakiah took after I adjusted the settings in an attempt to start practicing Maggie's first lesson...

Not bad, eh? I'm managing to complete two resolutions/goals in one. Photography upgrade and getting in the photo....... go, me! And now that I'm thinking about it I told you that my goals for this year were on the personal side... that's some bs. I'm gonna share them with you soon...... and give you my reasons.

1 comment: