Monday, March 4, 2013

Color Me Rad

Last Saturday I ran the Color me Rad 5k with my sister in law, Amber. It was SO MUCH FUN! And FREEZING. It literally snowed (the tiniest bit, but still.) while we were running. brrrrr. These Cali girls almost froze their Wonder Woman socks off!

Here's us before.....
I'm tugging on my shirt... probably because I'm not used to working out in shirts that are so tight... and honestly I was wondering if I'd look fat in the photos and if this was my best angle.... then I switch it up and inform Hottie that if I look fat in these photos it will be all his fault.....


We laugh that we were both making these little shifts... hand here, leg here, hip there... to look as skinny as possible....


(side note: luckily I feel like we were looking prettttttty good. hard work paying off!)

Then after waiting around at the start and bopping to some rad tunes to keep warm(ish)(ok. not warm at all, we were freezing.) we started the run. 

Hottie and the rest of our crew were at a couple of the color stations....
How cute are we?! (I'll answer for you... we are super cute) With our Wonder Woman socks flapping in the wind and our matching hairdos.

Here's after....

We didn't get as bombed as I thought we would. and froze. and ran in the mud. and our kids got a bit tooooo cold. But. I love this stuff. I live for fun races like this. I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. I feel proud when my kids see me running in the crowd and crossing the finish line. It was super cool to have a running partner to complete the race with... and dress all matchy match and cute with. So glad Amber and her family made the drive from Virginia to do this with me.

It feels pretty cool that on any given day I can get up and run a 5k like it's no big thing....



(and a medical update: My niece is doing fine now. They left yesterday afternoon after staying an extra night to make sure she could travel safely. She's still not 100% but is getting rest and is breathing a lot better. Thank goodness for that. So glad they are in tune enough with her to realize there was a big problem and taking her to the hospital before things got really ugly. Parenting is rad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment