Thursday, May 22, 2014

Liebster Award

Thanks for the kind words about my Great Grams. She has been on my mind a lot this week and I plan on celebrating her life in a very special way with my kids this weekend…. I know she'd love that and me carrying on with life and being happy…

with that in mind here is the post I originally planned….



The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less that 200 followers.  Is is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community.  The meaning of Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

It's easy!  Here are the rules:
  • Thanks the blogger who nominated you and answer the 10 questions he/she asks of you.
  • Nominate 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link to them in my post.
  • Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
  • Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated.
(These are the requirements for the peoples whom I nominate as well)

Cool, right? So here are the questions that Lynn asked me to answer:
  • If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Controlling time… Freezing time and time traveling. That way I could get a bunch of stuff done but still have all week to play and I could go and visit friends and loved ones from any time, at any….time. 
  • What did you want to be when you grow up? An artist or astronaut
  • How many times do you get to create in a month? Oh gosh, a lot. Just about 5 times a week depending on how much creative mojo I'm feeling.
  • What is under your bed? My sanity. j/k. Nothing. Our mattress is temporarily on a box spring on the floor.
  • What is your favorite quote? "Comparison is the thief of joy," said by Theodore Roosevelt, has really been resonating with me lately.
  • Where would you love to travel? Everywhere! I crave travel but my rotten kids keep me at home! My top 5 must sees are Italy, New Zealand, France, Fiji, and Ireland.
  • Who, in scrappy blog land, would you like to meet? I went to CHA one year and managed to find the courage to introduce myself to several of my scrappy heroes but one person I didn't get the chance to meet was Maggie Holmes. I am such a fangirl though, I'd probably just be a blabbering mess. She would probably walk away shaking her head and wondering why I laugh so loudly at my own jokes.
  • What is your favorite season? I love spring and fall equally, because the weather is mild and the scenery is beautiful during those times.
  • How long have you been blogging? Since 2011… I had to go back and check. Has it really been that long? How did I just now figure out what I'm doing… sorta?
  • What would you tell your 13 year old self? Oh man, that is a great question… I would tell myself to "enjoy life.. relax a bit… don't rush things, don't worry so much... you're going to be awesome! ..and take good care of yourself, develop those habits now so that later in life you don't struggle so much with it…. and stop washing your hair every single day for gods sake… that's why it's so frizzy!!… also, DO NOT let your friend cut it in the 11th grade, even though she seems really good at cutting hair.. this will not apply to yours!" 

  • Answering those questions was a ton of fun, thanks Lynn. I can't wait to read the answers to mine and get to know my fellow bloggers more! Ok so let's be honest, this is work. It takes some time to answer the ?'s, and chose some bloggers, and set up links and all that. But just do it! It's a great way to expand our readers and point them in the direction of some other cool blogs that are flying under the radar right now… Let's connect and learn about each other, I am so into this!

    I chose:
    Laurie from Laurie Appleby-Williams (check out her epic ceramic cells!)

    Here are my questions for you ladies:
    -What's your favorite dance move?
    -Describe your ideal day.
    -State one thing you love about yourself.
    -How many photos are saved on your computer? (Be honest) ;)
    -What are you wearing… right now. 
    -What's your tv guilty pleasure? That show that you don't want to admit that you watch.
    -If you could have any job what would it be?
    -What is one thing you'd change about yourself and why don't you change it?
    -What was the last nice thing you did for yourself?
    -Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us.

    3 comments:

    1. How fun! So glad you accepted! It was fun leaning a little about you. I love that you say things the way they are and keep it real! I always get a chuckle, or three, out of your posts.
      Have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey, thanks! This is such a fun idea! I will get my post together and let you know when I post it. Thanks for thinking of my little blog! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Got my post up! Thanks for the fun! http://abitofscrappygoodness.blogspot.com/2014/05/happy-memorial-day-weekend-to-my-us.html

      ReplyDelete