Thursday, January 7, 2016

2015 Greatest Hits: Hair

2015 was a the year of colorful hair. I'm having way too much fun with the colors, so I don't see this changing any time soon... here was last years hair endeavors...

After about 5 months of pink/magenta hair I was ready for a change.


So I went rainbow!!

It was fun to rock this but I wasn't prepared to do what it took to maintain it...


So I switched to blue..

Then I went more aqua.. but ditched it pretty quickly because I didn't like the green tints..


and went with a darker tone... which I called Superman blue.

Then back to a lighter one..

In all I think I've spent like 6 months as a blue haired freak. Maybe it's hard to believe, but I am actually really bored with it. Surprisingly it takes a lonnnng time to fade out so it will be awhile until I can switch it up again.. but I'm excited for my next hair adventure. I have some ideas that I can't wait to try. What do you think I should do next??

Disclaimer: All hair color seen above has been carefully crafted by a hair care professional. Elizabeth is not brave enough to attempt to dye her own locks these insane colors. If she didn't have an awesome stylist who loves the challenge of fashion colors she'd never be able to do this. Do not attempt at home. (or if you do, don't be surprised when the hair turns green. (not on purpose) or fries off.) This process is way more science-y than you could imagine. Proceed with caution.

PS- I can give a quick walk through of how I maintain the color as long as possible if you're into that kind of thing. Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Do you use Overtone conditioners to keep the color bright? I am going tomorrow to get my hair bleached so that I can go MAGENTA. WOoOO! I'm so excited. it's something I've wanted to do forever!! My stylist won't work with the bright colors so she's doing the bleach job and I'm coloring it myself. I'll take any advice you can give me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! MAGENTA! I miss my magenta, not gonna lie. I use fancy sulfate-free salon shampoo and conditioner. The key to keeping the color vibrant is to wash in the coldest water you can stand... like, polar bear plunge cold. I also only use shampoo about 2x a week and conditioner 3x. The less you can wash it the better, really. I get away with that since you're not really supposed to wash curly hair that often anyway.. oh my god, you're going to look amazeballs. I can't wait to see this!

      Delete